Thursday, April 13, 2006

DAMN YOU NYU ITS!

Those NYU Law students among you will probably agree with me that there are numerous annoying problems with the school's technical services: bad connectivity in the library, annoying downloads and examsoft updates, participant trackers that don't actually track your participation in such a way as to be useful (that reminds me, DAMN YOU PILC!), various internet based applications that are glitchy and slow, and tech nerds that don't seem to know or care what is going on.

So, presented with the annual survey on the ITS service (or, to be more specific, the wireless network aspects of ITS) I saw an opportunity to provide some constructive criticism.
After all, that's what these evaluative surveys are all about, right?

Ha.

After spending several minutes carefully crafting my answers and offering honest opinions, I found that I could not submit my survey. "____ is a required field" it says.

I went back, double checked the field, noted it was filled out, and clicked "Submit" a second time. Nope--same error.

I erased my answer, typed it in anew, and clicked "Submit" again. Ha! Why would it be that easy?

I logged out of the ITS system, then logged back in and redid the entire survey. I clicked "Submit" and still, my survey was rejected.

Very crafty you tech nerds. It would seem that the ITS's (lack of) expertise has completely insulated them from criticism. As the sole organization in charge of surveys, they hold all the cards, and apparantly, are much too smart (read: inept) to open themselves up to evaluation.

You win this round, ITS.

1 Comments:

Blogger super des said...

write them a letter. regular pen & paper.

3:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home