Tuesday, April 04, 2006

NYC Marathon



So I've never been a big runner, even though I probably would have been good at running. Why does the Best Rapper Alive have an aversion to running?

Reason 1:

(So I played competitive tennis in college, until my shoulder burned out. The dialogue below is from my interaction with a trainer)

Trainer: Hey.
Sam: I am here for the tennis physical.
Trainer: Track?
Sam: No, I am on the varsity tennis team.
Trainer: track?
Sam: TENNIS

Reason 2:

Sports Doctor: So you are the new sprinter.
Sam: Not quite, I am on the tennis team
(The sports doctor looked at me puzzled and I scowled back at her.)

Reason 3:
Running is boring


Despite the many reasons for me not running, I've decided to train for the NYC marathon. I did a 100KM bike ride a few weeks ago and should be up to 100 miles by the end of the summer, but my quads are weak. What better way to strengthen the quads than by grinding them into a pulp.

1 Comments:

Blogger super des said...

you could do the aids walk. you could make it an aids run, even. that's my one time a year way of staying in shape. of course, I don't run.

6:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home