Monday, April 10, 2006

Dropping a REAL Bomb

A quote from a New Yorker article:

A government consultant with close ties to the civilian leadership in the Pentagon said that Bush was “absolutely convinced that Iran is going to get the bomb” if it is not stopped. He said that the President believes that he must do “what no Democrat or Republican, if elected in the future, would have the courage to do,” and “that saving Iran is going to be his legacy.”

Wow. Hey, who's ready for another war?

I wonder if Bush is right in thinking that history will vindicate him after he invades Iran. I don't envy the task of any future historian who attempts it. After Iraq, I mean, who would?

And for that matter, will he be vindicated in invading Iraq?
And if he was, what would that mean for all of our collective world views?

Regardless, the idea the Bush is ready--no, not ready, actually think that it is his duty--to invade Iran scares the shit out of me.

I wish I had a joke to make.

7 Comments:

Blogger super des said...

he has to invade someone, doesn't he?

5:29:00 PM  
Blogger Radio said...

touche

12:43:00 AM  
Blogger BestRapperAlive said...

Who will join us in "the coalition of the willing part deux." Iceland? Stankonia? Montana?

10:21:00 AM  
Blogger BestRapperAlive said...

My last comment was too glib... I doubt that our president could get a resolution through the UN Secuirty Council, but if he gets every member of NATO's intgrated military structure (ie everyone but France) to agree to blowing up Iran, I'll vote for Alan Keyes and make out with Craig.

10:26:00 AM  
Blogger super des said...

that makes me wonder what to root for, sam.

12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Bananarchist said...

don't diss iceland. iceland is not that stupid.

5:37:00 PM  
Blogger BestRapperAlive said...

I am buttery with a hint of apple

8:27:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home