Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm Back, Baby

With a vengeance.

Technically I'm not back, back. I am still in California, where it's warm(ish).
Anyways, after spending some quality time with the fam and the fam's media systems, it has come to my attention that there is an election coming up soon. I had to stop watching TV and reading the newspaper, because they were making me angry.


Here's a fun fact:
The average household in California receives approximately 127 phone calls a day during the two weeks prior to an election (based upon an informal poll completed by me using information provided by me and the fam) . Of those 127 phones calls, approximately 125.8 are pre-recorded political advertisement. Of those 125.8 pre-recorded advertisements, approximately 98.6 of them are from Governor Schwarzeneggar [sic?]. Oh, and did you know that his Democratic challenger Phil Angelides [also sic] wants to raise taxes? By 18 billion dollars? Per Californian? To pay for money for the processing of babies into food?

That's what I've learned. I now consider myself well-informed--relatively speaking.

Here's my favorite set of statistics [I'm sure there's a term for that] from a poll:
  • 70% of Americans think it's time to elect new members to Congress.
  • However, 46% of Americans think their OWN member of Congress deserves to be reelected (vs. 44% who think it's time for a change).
From the Times.

This just in: 100% of people are dumb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home