Thursday, November 09, 2006

California? I HATE California!

That's a quote from a movie. I don't know what movie. I just know the song that uses the clip of that quote from the movie (Good Riddance "Fire Engine Red"). It's a subtle/not so subtle reference, insomuchas you know it's a clip of something (because of the disparate audio quality), and, as such, a direct allusion, but you don't to what it is alluding unless you are familiar with the work in which the original quote appears. And, I'm assuming, few people are.

It's the equivalent of me writing "zeal for liberty." You know I'm quoting something, but aren't sure what it is, because it's referencing something so outside the popular realm that it's BEYOND esoteric. It's actually mega-esoteric or perhaps, more properly, ultra-esoteric (anyone know the difference between the two?). It's actually a disgustingly inside joke, and I can think of a total of THREE people who know to what it references (myself included) and ONE person who thinks it's funny (that's you, Red).

Anyways, to pickup from a topic I didn't even really broach, I ACTUALLY had a good time in California. If only every day culminated in a wedding celebration with an open bar, an AWESOME band, and 6 hours of dancing, I would be really tired. And happy. For about a week. And then it would get old.

But still, it was a blast.

On to new business:
New Esoteric Blog - Judges Are Funny

Haven't actually submitted a quote, yet, but it's only a matter of time.

2 Comments:

Blogger super des said...

I don't think the wedding thing would get old. We just have to have a steady supply of friends to get married. so now there are at least 6 states that we shouldn't move to, in order to keep our available friends list long.

I'm going to hire that band to follow me around.

8:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home