Sunday, September 24, 2006

Denzel! DENZEL!

The Hollywood set has been all up in my grill, as of late. Take, for instance, the movie trailers: All over the fucking place. Are we fortunate enough to have 1970's era MTA buses nearby? Yeah, blocking the entrance to my supermarket. Dunkin' Donuts? Sorry, they didn't have Dunkin' Donuts in Harlem in the 70's, so they threw a tarp over the store front, and hung up a sign saying "Closed for renovations: We're closed, because we care." Pfft. If you cared, I'd still be able to buy a donut and a coffee with 8 sugars.

Oh, and now there's Denzel Washington. Comin' out his trailer so he can be all mobbed by the locals an' shit. Denzel! This is my neighborhood. All the kids in the Ghetto, they look up to me. Quit spitting salt in my game.

I used to be able to roll through in my suit rockin' the aviators and have the kids yell, "Hey man, you're scarin' the neighborhood," and "Sup, sucka, you look like that white guy from Men in Black or something," and "Yo, dude, you wanna buy this DVD of Fight Club? I'll totally hook you up..."

Not anymore. Nope. Suddenly everyone is into "Denzel Washington." In his big trailer parked around the corner. Dammit, Denzel! This is my block. I don't care if you are making another movie where you are some sort of law enforcement officer. Shit! I can't even name a movie when you weren't a cop, or a detective, or a prosecutor, or a police lieutenant.

And you're working with Russel Crowe again? Are you serious? Don't you remember Virtuosity? That movie SUCKED!

So thanks for dropping by, American Gangster, and trying to pretend that my Bed-Stuy neighborhood is 1970's Harlem (like there were black people in Harlem in the 70's! Pfft!).
But you've had your fun, Mr. Ridley Scott, and now it's time to go.

2 Comments:

Blogger super des said...

They listened. They're not there anymore.

9:38:00 PM  
Blogger BestRapperAlive said...

Um, It's Denzel. Youhave to chill son.

3:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home