Monday, March 20, 2006

Starbucks

Today’s weird interaction at Starbucks. I politely smiled throughut this whole traumatic event.

Random person with lots of makeup and multiple layers of clothes on: Hey Singer.
Sam: Hello.
Random: Are you a rapper?
Sam: No, sorry.
Random: are you a singer?
Sam: Sorry.
Random: You look just like my friend Senegal. I thought you were him.
Sam: Sorry, I have that type of face. I get that all the time.
Random: You’ve never been to LA, I swear I know you. You have to be a rapper. You’ve never been to xyz club?
Sam: Sorry.
Random: You are a west village kid? Not the type to venture over into the east village?
Sam: quite true (Mind you I have on an Ipod, laptop, the outfit from my favorite gap mannequin and Harvard fleece. I am pretty sure that isn’t the East Village look).
Random: OK, I am leaving.
Sam: Take care.

The woman then runs back into starbucks and says the streetsweeper is after her!

Random: Do you dance?
Sam: No.
Random: You are supposed to know how to dance.
Sam. Sorry.
Random person: Ok the street sweeper is gone.
Sam: Take care and be careful.

This encounter was better than last week when the NYU security guards in the starbucks kept giving me hard looks. That was my fault though, I was walking around in sweatpants and black fleece.

UPDATE: I hope Sam does not mind my adding a picture of a streetsweeper for your edification - the Diministrator.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home